Nanoramic Laboratories is an innovative, high-tech start-up company with an amazing company culture. We trust our employees and wholeheartedly believe in the value of transparency at all levels of the company. We empower our employees to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
By giving our employees the power to introduce new concepts, we allow those concepts to be willingly adopted from the ground up, instead of forced from the top down. At Nanoramic, continuous learning and education will be an important part of your job. We invest in regular company-wide education days and support each employee's growth and development. We are a company of smart, talented individuals who work hard, but also understand and respect work/life balance.
This position will support the engineering of the electrode coating processes for lithium ion battery cathodes and anodes This position will lead the process development for coating and formulations through pilot process scale up, including mixing and coating.
- Li-ion battery electrode design and manufacturing process development
- Designing, prototyping and testing Li-ion battery cells including cylindrical cells and pouch cells
- Develop coating processes for aqueous and solvent based formulations
- Deploy rheology and particle size analysis to characterize slurries throughout the mixing process.
- Support electrode coating scale-up from R&D through to pilot manufacturing
- Prepare project reports and product documentation
- Identify, procure and implement new equipment to achieve coating process requirements.
- Lead teams in a systematic approach to resolution using data-driven analysis / decision making.
- At least 4-6 years of industrial experience in battery electrode and process development
- Depth knowledge of coating technologies.
- Experience with slurry preparation, roll-to-roll coating, slitting, and calendaring.
- Analyze electrode performance
- Experience of laboratory environment with analytical equipment (CV, SEM, TGA, FTIR, DSC, microscope, voltammetry)
- Experience of scale-up from lab scale to pilot and mass production scale.
- Experience researching and vetting new manufacturing technologies and manufacturing equipment in a high-volume production environment.
- B.S. degree in Chemical, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or Materials Science
We offer a competitive total compensation package including up to a 30% bonus based on company KPIs, health, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life insurance, 401k, and three weeks of paid time off. We also practice a company-wide vacation week at year end.
Nanoramic is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.