Nanoramic Laboratories is an innovative, high-tech start-up company with an amazing company culture. We trust our employees and wholeheartedly believe in the value of transparency at all levels of the company. We empower our employees to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
By giving our employees the power to introduce new concepts, we allow those concepts to be willingly adopted from the ground up, instead of forced from the top down. At Nanoramic, continuous learning and education will be an important part of your job. We invest in regular company-wide education days and support each employee's growth and development. We are a company of smart, talented individuals who work hard, but also understand and respect work/life balance.
- Lead Production Program root cause investigations relating to materials and processes, and recommended solutions
- Lead Development Program qualification testing, including writing test plans, supporting on site testing, and writing test reports
- Build a vision, strategy, and multi-year roadmap for Advanced Materials/3D Printing with an objective of creating scalable and sustainable business solutions that support improving quality, effectiveness, efficiency, safety/ergonomics, design flexibility, competencies, capabilities for products, processes, and people. Technology platforms will be selected that are most beneficial for the corporation as a whole.
- Lead and develop a culture of innovation and operational excellence with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of Advanced Materials/3D Printing and business performance.
- Utilize well defined lean processes and tools to implement technologies.
- Assist in the development of Capital Expenditure plans to maximize return on investment.
- Implement a plan for ISO 9000 compliance
- Maintain key vendor relationships and leverage those relationships to reduce costs and improve lead time of projects.
- Research and identify prospective internal or external technology partners who would be accountable for deliverables.
- Collaborate with product, process, and service design teams to ensure considerations are included in design development.
- Oversee the implementation, establish maintenance, service, and qualification protocols of technology systems. Ensure thorough and compliant documentation practices are established.
- Develop and implement methods to monitor and measure effectiveness of implementations; lead corrective actions as applicable.
- Lead the evaluation and budgeting of new technologies, platforms, methods, and systems that align with company priorities such as quality, capacity targets, productivity enhancements, and efficiency.
- Prepare or assist businesses with preparation of capital requests necessary for implementation. Plan and prepare annual budget.
- Remain current on technical advancements in technology solutions that could impact the business.
- Attract, retain, and develop strong talent. Mentor, coach, develop team members, develop, and retain key technical and leadership skills, foster strong team performance to deliver on the roadmap and meet Customer / business requirements.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in process improvement via Advanced Materials/Additive Manufacturing in a Lean environment, including at least 5 years in a leadership role managing a technical project.
- Experience with polymer matrix composite manufacturing processes including compounding, extrusion and other polymer fabrication processing.
- Has fundamental understanding of polymer structure-property-process relations.
- Experience with developing and writing process specifications and work instructions for composite fabrication operations
- Experience with composites materials testing and qualification methods, both mechanical and thermal
- Demonstrated positive impact to the business that translated to clear, bottom line results by implementing step-function changes.
- Experience with and demonstrated skills in analyzing business needs, determining appropriate solutions and/or opportunities, developing lean implementation strategies, and deploying them.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based off candidate experience in combination with a thorough market data analysis. Included in our employment offer is a range of benefits including 401k company match, BCBS health insurance, HSA or FSA benefits, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, and 15 vacation/sick days throughout the year. In addition to regular PTO, our entire organization takes 11 national holidays and a company holiday period from December 24th to January 1st each year.
Nanoramic is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.