Nanoramic Laboratories is an innovative, high-tech start-up company with an amazing company culture. We trust our employees and wholeheartedly believe in the value of transparency at all levels of the company. We empower our employees to make decisions that are in the best interest of the company.
By giving our employees the power to introduce new concepts, we allow those concepts to be willingly adopted from the ground up, instead of forced from the top down. At Nanoramic, continuous learning and education will be an important part of your job. We invest in regular company-wide education days and support each employee's growth and development. We are a company of smart, talented individuals who work hard, but also understand and respect work/life balance.
Nanoramic is looking for a Senior Engineer - Cell Development to design, build, test and characterize the next generation of high energy density batteries. The candidate will be responsible for creating cell designs, defining and qualifying new processes, overseeing builds, testing cells, understanding test data and safety performance, analyzing cycle time and yields, effectively communicating the results and transferring cell designs to production. This position will lead the cell design and testing of multilayer lithium ion battery pouch cells and cylindrical cells.
- Develop a cell design that achieves product performance goals by understanding the design space, and systematically working through design trade-off
- Decide, and down-select individual cell components that enable final product performance and reliability requirements
- Design and run well-designed experiments based on DOE methodologies
- Test cells, analyze and summarize performance data, and use various electrochemical and materials analysis techniques to determine degradation mechanisms
- Perform FMEA and root cause analysis when necessary to achieve design and product goals
- Deliver final product, data driven analyses on schedule and effectively communicate the results to various Nanoramic and external stakeholders
- At least 4-6 years of experience in Li ion battery development including electrode, electrolyte, separator, additives and etc.
- Experience of winding, stacking, welding, crimping and filling systems in industrial scale
- Own process/equipment within the assembly cell manufacturing team
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cell lithium ion battery materials, components, performance, impedance, cell testing/data analysis, and failure modes.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required
- Demonstrated capability to effectively test cells, analyze battery test data and extract/summarize meaningful information required
- Familiarity with DOE, FMEA and 8D methodologies required
- Experience in design, development, and integration of Li-Ion batteries highly desired
- Experience in electrochemical modeling, capacity fade and calendar life modeling highly desired
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes up to a 30% potential bonus based on company KPIs, health dental vision, FSA/HSA, life insurance, 401k, and three weeks of paid time off. We also practice a company-wide 1 week vacation at the end of the year.
Nanoramic is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.